Do you want to attend Comic-Con 2020? … you’ll need a Member ID! Do your friends want to attend Comic-Con? … they’ll need a Member ID! Does your neighbors’ friend’s aunt want to buy a badge for Comic-Con 2020? … she’ll need a Member ID!
Lucky for them, signing up for a Member ID is simple if they follow these instructions! And, it only takes a few minutes. But be warned, the Comic-Con Member ID system will close – without notification – in advance of any badge sale event. Be sure to register for a Member ID as soon as possible! If you do not register for a Member ID prior to closure, you will not be eligible to participate in Open Registration. Spread the word and forward this blog to your friends, family, and coworkers!
I love a good set of directions, so let me make this even easier for you by breaking it down step-by-step!
Step 1: Visit our website and click the link in the top, right corner that says, “CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OR LOG IN TO MEMBER ID”
Step 2: Choose the option that says, “New Member ID” and read through the Terms of Service. Once you’ve verified that you’ve read them, select [Continue >>].
Step 3: Enter your personal information, create your Member ID (the possibilities are endless, so be creative!) and select [Continue >>]. The zip code you enter here will auto-populate your city and state on the next page.
NOTE: If you are creating a Junior Member ID for your child and notice the correct birth month and year are not available, that is a good indication that your child is not yet old enough for a Member ID and could attend Comic-Con for free (with a paid adult) for one more year!
Step 4: Enter your home address and select your Opt-Outs preferences. Pay very close attention here! All opt-outs are preselected and you will need to uncheck any communication you’d like to opt in for. If you opt out of email correspondence from us, you’re going to miss out on important registration announcements – including the badge sale dates! I highly suggest deselecting the “Email Opt-Out” box so you don’t miss out! Once you’ve finished your communication preferences, select [Continue >>].
Step 5: The next page is going to ask you to confirm your email address. The easiest (and fastest!) way to confirm your email is to select the [Go to Confirm Email] button and complete these last instructions immediately!
Once you select [Go to Confirm Email], the system will bring up a “Confirm Your Email” page where you’ll enter your email address and the confirmation code that was sent to your personal email inbox. To make the email easier to spot, look for the subject line, “Please Confirm Your Email to Complete Your Comic-Con Member ID Registration”. Once you’ve entered in your email and confirmation code, you’re all set!
So, you just created your Member ID, now what? Here are some helpful tips in advance of Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration:
- Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration is open to new attendees and anyone who did not purchase or register for the Preview Night (Wednesday, July 22) option during Comic-Con 2020 Returning Registration.
- We can only ship to verified badge shipping addresses within the United States. Upon new account creation, the address you input will automatically be entered as both your home address and badge shipping address! Please confirm your shipping address is correct and was successfully verified by USPS. You can update your shipping address any time before May 13, 2020.
- During Open Registration, you will be able to purchase badges for up to three eligible members, yourself included, while supplies last. Please keep in mind that there are far more eligible members than badges available.
- If you are eligible to participate, you will receive an email announcing the date and time of Open Registration. (POP QUIZ: Remember the part about opt-outs?) About 48 hours prior to the sale, you will receive a second email with the link to the waiting room and your personal registration code.
- Your link and registration code will also be available in your Member ID account under the “Registration Info” tab about 48 hours prior to the sale.
- If you are hoping to buy a badge for your mother, sister, brother, nephew, or friend, they must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. You cannot purchase for others using your own Member ID!
- To ensure you are receiving notifications from Comic-Con and Expo Logic we encourage you to add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.
Thank you for joining us! Please bookmark us HERE for the latest registration updates and helpful tips and tricks leading up to Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration!
Remember to subscribe to Epic Geekdom : )
For more geeky — nerdy articles, pictures, animation and videos…. LIKE us on the following sites :
FB – https://www.facebook.com/EpicGeekdom
Instagram – www.instagram.com/EpicGeekdom
Twitter — https://twitter.com/EpicGeekdom
Website – www.EpicGeekdom.com