Amazon’s Version of Paypal and Square is Discontinued
Important Update: Service to be discontinued Per Amazon Details below
Effective October 30, 2015, we are no longer accepting new customers. Existing customers can continue to use Amazon Register until February 1, 2016, when we will discontinue to service. We regret any inconvenience that this may cause.
- What is happening to Amazon Register?
Existing customers can continue to use Amazon Register until February 1, 2016. After that date, we will discontinue Amazon Register. We regret any inconvenience that this may cause.
- What do I need to do?
- Identify a new payment service for your business and create a new account. Begin transitioning your business to this new service. You will not be able to use Amazon Register for payment processing or for refunds after February 1, 2016.
- Download your transaction history for your records. Download your final transaction history prior to February 28, 2016. After February 28, 2016, you will no longer have access to reports or your transaction history. You can find instructions on how to download your transaction history here.
- Ensure any remaining funds transfer to your bank account. If you have set up automatic deposits to your bank account, your available balance will be deposited to your bank account normally through February 28, 2016. You can also make a one-time deposit to your bank account through February 28, 2016. After February 28, 2016, you can access any remaining balance and set up bank transfers through your Amazon Payments account at https://payments.amazon.com.
- Can I still sign up for Amazon Register?
As of October 30, 2015, we are no longer accepting new customers.
- Can I still process transactions?
Existing customers can continue to process transactions and refunds through February 1, 2016. After February 1, 2016, you will not be able to process transactions or manage customer receipts and refunds.
- How do I access my reports and transaction history?
You will have access to the full reports and transaction history in the Amazon Register app through February 28, 2016. After February 28, 2016, you will not have access to any of your Amazon Register transactions or reports. We recommend that you transition to a new service and download your transaction history prior to this date. Learn more about downloading reports.
- Can I still order a card reader?
If you need a replacement, you may purchase additional card readers on Amazon.com until February 1, 2016. You can purchase additional card readers here. Amazon will not release an EMV-compatible card reader.
- What happens if my customer asks for a refund after February 1?
You may process refunds in the app until February 1, 2016. After that time, you will not be able to resend customer receipts or process refunds. Learn more about refunds.
- I signed up for the Amazon Register promotional offer of 1.75% on swiped transactions until 12/31/2015. Will you still honor that rate?
Yes, all eligible customers will continue to pay 1.75% on swiped transactions through December 31, 2015. Beginning on January 1, 2016, the rate for swiped transactions will revert to our standard rate of 2.5%.
- Will I receive a 1099-K?
Amazon Register customers will receive a 1099-K if you have more than both (i) 200 transactions and (ii) $20,000 in gross payments processed through your Amazon Payments account in a calendar year. Transactions conducted in 2015 will be summarized on a 1099-K that you will receive in January 2016; If you cross both thresholds in 2016, you will receive a 1099-K in January 2017. Learn more about Amazon Register tax information here.
- I tried to create an Amazon Register account, but I haven’t been approved yet. What should I do?
As of October 30, 2015, we will not be accepting new customers. If you have not received notice that your account is active, you will not be able to use Amazon Register.
- What if I still have a balance in my Amazon Register account after February 28, 2016?
After February 28, 2016, you can access any remaining balance and set up bank transfers through your Amazon Payments account at https://payments.amazon.com.
- What if I still have questions?
You can call us at 877-345-0975 or email us at email@example.com.
For more geeky — nerdy articles, pictures, animation and videos…. LIKE us on the following sites
Twitter — @EpicGeekdom
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicGeekdom/playlists